Position: Electrical Engineering Technician - Indianapolis, IN
Location: Indianapolis, INDescription:
We are currently looking to fulfill an Electrical Engineering Technician position in our Indianapolis office.Requirements:
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, performing design calculations, the preparation and coordination of design drawings and specifications, and the review of shop drawings.
Qualified candidate should have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering.
• Working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Life Safety Codes, and other related Codes.
• Knowledge of industrial power design, including low voltage electrical power distribution, motor control, variable frequency drives, lighting design, and equipment layout.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and REVIT.
• The following is desired buy not required:
• Electrical Engineering and design experience to provide electrical and instrumentation designs for water and wastewater projects.
• Experience with instrumentation and control systems design, including control panels, instrumentation, operator interfaces and programmable logic controllers. * Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Wessler does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position.
Position will include working with a design team on various projects, from conceptual design, through design services during construction. Good verbal, writing and interpersonal skills are essential for coordination with other disciplines, and client interface.
Wessler offers a flexible schedule and summer hours May through September where the office closes at noon on Fridays. We offer a competitive wage, paid holidays, paid employee health & disability insurance and 401(k) profit-sharing.
If you would like to apply for employment, please send your resume and cover letter to Jen Landis.Apply for this Position