Position: Field Services Technician - Indianapolis, IN
Location: Indianapolis, INDescription:
Wessler Engineering is seeking a Field Services Technician. Needs for the position include performing field services, construction observation and providing technical assistance on projects based upon completed fieldwork. This role would frequently report directly to the job site each workday. However, some office work may occasionally be required. While this position is based out of our Indianapolis office, it involves performing work all over Indiana and/or Ohio. Willingness to work out of town for extended periods of time (6-8 weeks+) is necessary.Requirements:
- Assisting crews in the performance of sanitary sewer smoke testing, structure inspections & mapping and other field services as required for the assessment and evaluation of sanitary and storm collection systems, often utilizing a GPS unit and handheld tablet for data recording
- Performing confined space entries only where required and under the strict guidelines of the company mandated safety policies
- Preparing construction observation and field reports
- Communicating updates and issues with project team.
- Must know how to scale and measure distances
- Must be able to read and understand construction plans, blueprints and maps
- Must be able to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- 5 years minimum experience in performing similar tasks stated above
- High School Diploma required; some college level or technical training preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- OSHA and Confined Space Entry training preferred
- Valid driver’s license.
We offer a competitive wage, paid holidays, paid employee health & disability insurance and 401(k) profit-sharing.
If you would like to apply for employment, please send your resume and cover letter to Jen Landis.Apply for this Position