Backup and Restore: A Guide for Creating Industrial Backup Procedures
It's 10pm and you just got a call from the plant that a critical PLC has failed and can't be revived.
A replacement PLC is on hand so all the technician needs now is the backup file to get everything back up and running. You know where that is, right? It's up to date and has all the latest set point values included, doesn't it? There aren't any supporting files that you need and don't have, are there?
Knowing where the backup files are located is just half the battle. Ideally you should have a comprehensive Backup and Restore Procedure available to guide you, or any other qualified personnel, through the steps needed to recover from this type of situation in a timely fashion.
This Guide walks through the who, what, when, where and how questions that must be addressed in industrial Backup and Restore Procedures.
The Cogeneration Implementation Guide for Wastewater Treatment Plants
The electrical cost of wastewater treatment often accounts for more that 25 percent of the total costs associated with operating wastewater treatment plants (WWTP). With rising costs of electricity inevitable in the Midwest, there’s a growing interest and need for investing in sustainable energy sources in these facilities. One such source is dual electrical and thermal energy production known as cogeneration.
In this free guide, we introduce you to the following topics and concepts:
- What cogeneration is and how it works for a WWTP
- The energy cycle in a cogen system (with diagram)
- Pros and cons of cogen
- Steps to implementing a cogen project
- Case study overview
Guide to CSO Operational Plans
This one-page information sheet includes:
- Combined Sewer Overflow Operational Plan provisions and procedures
- Information to include in your plan
- How to structure your plan
Where's Your Waste?
A Municipality's Guide to Handling Used Oil, General Chemicals, Universal Waste and Electronic Waste.
- Identification of used oil
- Container storage practices
- Container labeling
- Spill prevention practices
- Municipal transportation of used oil
- Used oil burners
- Chemical storage and handling practices
- Collecting and recycling universal waste including bulbs, batteries, mercury-devices and waste pesticides.
- Collection and recycling electronic devices including computers, phones and fax machines.
- Chemical and waste labeling
Helpful Hints for EPCRA
This guide for completing the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) reports includes:
- Conducting an inventory
- Determining if the chemical is reportable
- Calculating weight of the chemical
- Determining if the amounts are reportable
- And more
Key Elements for Creating a Stormwater Utility
Learn more about creating a Stormwater Utility, including:
- Utility benefits
- Management needs
- User fees
- Next steps
WWTP Operations 101: WWTP Operational Data
This guide includes information relevant to the operations of a WWTP, such as:
- Understanding calculations
- Data management