Environmental Compliance Services
Eli Lilly and Company
Since 2004, Wessler Engineering has provided environmental consulting services to Eli Lilly and Company at their technology center, corporate center, materials center and aviation facility. Environmental services include:
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) industrial stormwater permit compliance and reporting
- stormwater pollution prevention plan (SWPPP) inspections and updates
- spill prevention, control and countermeasures (SPCC) planning
- slug discharge control planning
- monthly compliance inspections of Lilly construction sites.
Related to the NPDES permits, Wessler provides an annual site compliance evaluation to ensure the SWPPP and best management practices (BMPs) are being implemented throughout each facility. Recommendations for improvement are developed and SWPPPs are updated. As a part of the annual inspections, Wessler conducts a non-stormwater discharge assessment at regulated stormwater outfalls.
SPCC planning includes:
- identification of oils and their storage amounts
- locations and management practices
- description of secondary containment or diversionary structures
- identification of emergency coordinators and contacts
Construction inspection services includes monthly inspections to ensure the Lilly construction projects are properly implementing erosion, sediment and pollution prevention plans and that inspection and maintenance of BMPs are being conducted by the contractor.