All Office Locations | Updated on May 19, 2021
About the Role
This position focuses on construction cost estimating for preliminary engineering reports and design projects of Wessler Engineering. Time will mostly be spent on construction estimating but will also include other construction administrative, construction engineering, and potential (limited) field support.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Provide construction estimating for PERs, 30%, 60%, 90%, and bid submittal design packages for Wessler Engineering water, wastewater, and stormwater projects.
- Coordination with design team to develop initial cost estimate format and define scope of project; using historical data, RS Means data, and other industry standards to develop project specific cost estimates; and updating cost estimates for project scope and market changes.
- Responsible for development and updating of Wessler cost estimating standards, providing estimating QA/QC support for project engineers, and may include providing estimating training for project engineers.
- Provide additional construction administration and management support for ongoing design and construction projects.
- Depending on experience and ability, may include constructability reviews for design, project schedule review, project submittal review, and change management support to project team members.
- Depending on experience and ability, may include limited, short-term, field inspection support.
Job Requirements for the position are as follow:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with developing construction cost estimates for water, wastewater, or other heavy civil construction projects.
- Experience with RS Means and other construction estimating software.
- Must be team oriented with good communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Wessler does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position.
This position can be based out of any Wessler office. Field inspection support may require limited travel and/or periods of stay throughout IN or OH.