Indianapolis, IN | Updated on March 24, 2021
Controls System Technician
About the Role
Wessler Engineering is currently seeking to fill the position of Controls System Designer for our Indianapolis office. This position is a full time, entry level position, working as a part of our Instrumentation and Controls group. This group specializes in the design and construction activities for all field instrumentation, SCADA controls, networking architecture, and programming services for our clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary Engineering team to provide Instrumentation and Controls support for Water and Wastewater Construction projects.
- Assist in the development of Project Design documents, including:
- Piping & Instrumentation Drawings
- Controls One-Line Drawings
- Control Panel Schematics and Layout Drawings
- Instrumentation & Controls Design Specification Documents
- Design and Implement PLC, HMI & SCADA software for New Construction and Equipment Migration Projects.
- Assisting in planning and executing Integration Testing, Factory Acceptance Testing, Site Acceptance Testing, and Commissioning.
- Conduct Construction Administration and Construction Contract Management duties, including, but not limited to, the planning and execution of the following:
- Control Panel Witness Testing
- Factory Acceptance Testing
- Site Acceptance Testing
- Integration Testing
- Contract and Specification Management
- As-Built Documentation
- System/Owner Production and Maintenance Training
- Travel to other offices may be required from time to time.
- Candidate must contain or be working toward an Associates of Applied Science degree in Automation and Robotics Technology, Industrial Technology, or equivalent.
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 20%
- Excellent communication skills. This position will require the candidate to communicate among the team frequently and effectively.
- Basic comprehension of Process Control Systems including knowledge of Instrumentation Systems in process plants from both a hardware and configuration aspect.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Effective and consistent documentation skills are required for this position.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred.
- Basic knowledge with PLC and HMI programming is required. (Allen Bradley PLC experience is preferred.)
The following qualifications are a plus but not required for the position:
- Knowledge of process instrumentation used in water and wastewater treatment.
- Computer networking and security experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical design software