Indianapolis, IN | Updated on July 28, 2023
User Experience Coordinator
About the Role
Wessler is hiring a User Experience Coordinator at our Indianapolis, IN office.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mice, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Organize and schedule hardware upgrades and software maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Configure and Install new or replacement desktops, laptops, network printers, etc., while ensuring data integrity whenever possible.
- Must have flexibility to travel to satellite offices from time to time
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes within Help Desk software.
- Assist users with Desktop application troubleshooting including but not limited to: VPN access, MS Office, Windows, CAD, Adobe, Bluebeam etc.
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex PC problems for end users, recommend and implement solutions.
- Assist in running updates and troubleshooting with Sophos Firewalls
- Execute routine maintenance procedures (System Updates, Backup Services, etc.)
- Assist in creating and maintaining user training documentation while providing technical assistance for post-implementation support issues.
- Evaluate, prioritize and respond to service requests with a resolution in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintains a professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION GUIDELINES
Formal accredited education in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Applied Computer Sciences or a similar education in the field of Information Technology. 0 to 3 years of on the job experience with a focus in Information Technology support. Must have experience with Windows 10, Microsoft 365, Sharepoint and Microsoft Power Platform experience a plus.