Hobart, IN | Updated on April 12, 2021
Power Systems Engineer
About the Role
Wessler is looking for a Power Systems Engineer with 10-15 years in the water, wastewater, stormwater fields. Candidates must have experience with the following: Electrical power distribution system from the electric utility service to the receptacle level. Lighting system design, motor controls design, and standby power system design. Green energy system evaluation and coordination. Division 16 specifications. Responsibilities of the job include: performing design calculations, preparation and coordination of design drawings & specifications and review of shop drawings.
- 10-15 years experience of electrical engineering and design, providing electrical & instrumentation designs for water and wastewater projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer's license.
- Knowledge of industrial power design, including low voltage electrical power distribution, motor control, variable frequency drives, lighting design, and equipment layout.
- Experience with instrumentation and control systems design, including control panels, instrumentation, operator interfaces and programmable logic controllers.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Life Safety Codes, and other related Codes.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Wessler does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position.