Indianapolis, IN | Updated on March 7, 2020
Professional Land Surveyor
About the Role
This position requires supervising field crews in their daily surveying tasks, preparing legal descriptions for easements, route surveys and fee simple takings to support engineering projects. This role would also research deeds & rights-of-way in addition to assisting CAD technicians in placing boundary lines in engineering plans. Working with design engineers to understand easement requirements for proposed infrastructure and estimating surveying costs for proposed projects are other duties of this position.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Candidates must hold a current Professional Surveying license in the State of Indiana.
- Candidates must have the ability and willingness to manage daily operations of the survey department.
- Must be comfortable with operating Trimble robotic total stations, data collectors and GPS equipment.
- Detail oriented, possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Previous experience with AutoCAD, Civil3D, Trimble equipment and software is preferred.
- Must be well versed in operating Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).