Indianapolis, IN | Updated on October 7, 2020
About the Role
Wessler Engineering is searching for a highly motivated and self-starting individual with strong sales management and communication skills to become our Sales Manager in our Indianapolis office. This individual will work with the Wessler team (a blend of highly technical engineers, non-technical sales and marketing staff) to positively impact Wessler’s business and sales model. The potential for upward mobility exists for this Manager to rise to higher levels within the company, including leadership and ownership opportunities.
- Supervise and develop sales staff in both our Indiana and Ohio offices to meet established objectives, including providing support/coaching to staff as needed as part of the sales process and how it relates to deals being pursued.
- Schedule and lead regular sales team meetings to ensure everyone is on task and has needed support. This includes internal communications between multiple groups.
- Develop and implement (with technical groups and branch offices) sales strategies and tactics to maintain existing and establish new clients and achieve new business goals.
- Discuss sales efforts that involve strategy, teaming to pursue projects and political discussions with executives of the company.
- Analyze existing and potential markets to identify and secure business opportunities.
- Supervise and manage use of customer relationship management (CRM) database by staff.
- Develop customer relationships by personal visits, phone calls, follow-ups, e-mails etc. Maintain regular contact with past, existing and new clients to explore new opportunities.
- Produce sales summaries and contribute to the preparation of the company’s sales and marketing plan.
- Personal sales goal.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of sales and management experience
- Proven experience with consulting engineering a plus; including working with municipalities and/or counties along with documented success with previous business development role(s).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills for managing local and remote sales staff.
- Strong client management, analytical and problem-solving skills, verbal/presentation and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail in all written sales materials
- Proficiency in using CRM software.