Wastewater Treatment Plant PER
New Madison, Ohio
Wessler Engineering created a preliminary engineering report (PER) for the Village of New Madison’s wastewater treatment plant (WWTP). The current facility consists of a .13 million gallons per day (MGD) extended aeration plant, including mechanical fine screen, aerated grit removal, two concentric oxidation ditch/clarifier units and UV disinfection. Wessler staff developed the PER because of New Madison officials’ desire to evaluate the existing facility and the necessary improvements needed to receive projected new flows and loadings from the Villages of Wayne Lakes, Palestine and Hollansburg, as well as the unincorporated areas of Glen Kar and Fort Jefferson.
The PER included:
- evaluation of historical flow data, population trends and projections
- documentation of needed improvements and capacity requirements
- preparation of a list of alternatives for the WWTP
- identification of regulatory and permit requirements
- identification of financing options
- requirements to meet the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Utilities Service standards.