Richardt Water Treatment Plant
The Wessler team partnered with City of Lawrence officials to make significant plant upgrades designed to improve the City’s water capacity, treatment and distribution as key economic development and quality of life enhancements for the entire community.
Improvements to the plant and water system include:
- plant’s capacity to produce up to 4.3 million gallons per day (MGD) of water
- Indian Lake and Fort Harrison Water Treatment Plants will be improved
- rehabilitation of the 1913 3-million-gallon underground storage tank and several wells
- addition of system-wide standby power generators
- refurbishing of the Oaklandon tank including inspection, safety improvements, rehabilitation, coatings, and ongoing water main replacement program.