Septic Tank Elimination Projects (STEP)
Committed to reducing health hazards in neighborhoods, the Indianapolis Department of Public Works (DPW) provides new sanitary sewers to homes and businesses currently served by septic systems. Wessler Engineering has worked with DPW’s Septic Tank Elimination Program (STEP) to provide this service to more than 1,300 customers.
The Wessler project team provided the following services:
- geotechnical (soil boring and pavement cores)
- design (sanitary sewers and stormwater systems)
- bid assistance (permitting and coordination)
- construction administration (administration of day-to-day construction activities)
- resident project representative (RPR) (inspection services during construction)
- survey (control, topographic, right-of-way staking)
- coordination/communication with public (participation at public meetings, coordination with utilities and developers)
- land acquisition/right-of-way (easement documentation preparation and purchasing procedures)
- environmental (arborist evaluation and tree planting program).