Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
Indianapolis Airport Authority, Indianapolis, Indiana
The Indianapolis Airport Authority (IND)’s Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) were updated to reflect facility changes, changes in operations, reportable spills and stormwater testing results. Facilities include the following:
- Indianapolis International Airport (main terminal, fire departments and maintenance facilities)
- Metropolitan Airport
- Mount Comfort Airport
- Eagle Creek Airpark.
Wessler performed comprehensive site compliance evaluations to confirm potential pollution sources contained in the SWPPPs, determined the effectiveness of the SWPPPs and assessed compliance with IND’s National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit.
- the inspection of stormwater drainage areas for evidence of, or the potential for, pollutants entering the drainage system
- evaluation of the effectiveness of measures used to reduce pollutant loadings
- inspection of sediment and erosion control measures
- a non-stormwater discharge assessment.
Site compliance evaluation reports were written to outline the findings and recommendations for improvements were summarized.